A Haute Couture (High Fashion) Woman in a Pret-a-Porter (Ready-to-Wear) World
With the turbulent pace of life, it’s easy to forget that you are an original, a one-of-a-kind Haute Couture woman. Your essential makeup is as unique as a haute couture outfit created just for you by a famous designer.
It is estimated that a haute couture outfit would run about 20,000 pounds, Sterling, take at least 3 fittings to create a perfect garment for your body and be made just for you. When you think about it your body and soul are also created just for you, just ask your DNA or fingerprints. So why do we treat our being as if it is an off-the-rack, pret-a-porter (ready-to-wear) run-of-the-mill garment?
Diva – You are a Haute Couture Woman
If you really paid $20,000 to $40,000 for a dress, would you treat it like crap? Would you run it ragged until it was threadbare, cover it with food stains, or wear it in the rain? No, of course not. You would treat it with extra care, protect it from damage or the elements and wear it with pride.
So how can we press the pause button on life to slow down enough to enjoy this special Temple we have been blessed with? Here are a couple of ideas:
5 Ways to Honor Your Haute Couture Body
1. Make a date with yourself. Take off an hour a week to do nothing special, just 60 minutes of downtime. Make sure to mark your calendar like you would a doctor’s appointment.
2. Really look at what you put in your body. Say goodbye to soda and artificial sweeteners. Carbonation wreaks havoc with your bones and chemicals are bad news for our system.
3. Get 8 hours of sleep each night. We spend millions on anti-aging serums and yet ignore nature’s rejuvenating program.
4. Move your body. Walk, stretch, or swim to keep your flexibility.
5. Think before you put anything detrimental to your health in your body. Ask yourself is it worth it? Am I worth it?
As soon as you begin to treat yourself as a treasure, the world will too. We set the tone on how we will be received by others. Set your standards, high Diva, you deserve it, you are one-of-a-kind. Celebrate your difference today and every day.
Have a great week. Keep reading, more goodies will be on their way,
Founder, Distinctively Diva
Co-author, I Am Diva, Every Woman’s Guide to Outrageous Living
P.S. For a great summer movie go see Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris